Drosophila CRISPR Knock-out Service
Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR), is a bacterial adaptive immune system helping protect bacteria against invading foreign elements and facilitate their destruction by providing a memory of target DNA sequences to cut. Its natural instincts make it more efficient and convenient than traditional editing systems to achieve genes deletion.
The technique has been widely employed for the creation of gene knock-out (KO) Drosophila, in which the target gene can be removed with accuracy, resulting in complete destroy of both coding and non-coding regions. Furthermore, multiple genes deletion and tempol/spatial deletions precisely by introducing different sgRNAs and Cas9 expression systems. This enables gene function and the interplay between genes to be studied and facilitates in-depth research into fundamental and preclinical research.
CD BioSciences as one of the transgenic Drosophila strain designers, has an extensive track record of success using CRISPR technology to edit different Drosophila in vivo. We have been establishing a Drosophila CRISPR/Cas9 stable mutant pool and sgRNA library for custom knock-out strategy. We complete common CRISPR/Cas9 Knock-out project in 2-4 months guaranteeing delivery of at least 3 independent-transformed G0 or 3 F1 (either back-crossed to balancer or not) for the knockout. Additionally, we maintain your private vials in the facility as backup service.
Workflow of CRISPR Knock-out in Drosophila
We provide completed CRISPR/Cas9 knock-out services for you to inactivate targeted gene using a deletion. We can also knock-out multiple genes in the same reaction.
- Your requirements are met by our well-established platforms and experienced scientists. We offer prompt strategies and solutions approaching transgenic Drosophila, allowing you to focus on the most critical aspects of your research project.
- We design up to 3 sgRNA at your preferred regions using software powered by the latest scoring algorithms.
- Depending on their cutting efficiency and predicted on-target and off-target scores, we select the best sgRNA and Cas9 expression strains for gene knock-out by bioinformatic and cell-based analysis.
- The best CRISPR/Cas9 components delivery methods injecting into your chosen Drosophila strains, usually in the form of ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes. Depending on different project, we have G0 cross and F1 screening by "visible" marker or sequence validation.
- We perform an assessment of standard QC and validation tests on the knock-out Drosophila by genomic PCR or sequence as your opinion, as long as the CRISPR knock-out is complete.
- We offer suitable balancers for your necessary. Balanced system is served keeping homozygous lethal or sterile mutations from being lost in a population. More importantly, Balancing prevents multiple alleles on the same chromosome from separation by unanticipated recombination. Besides, recessive visible mutations and transgenes balancers are quite useful and "visible" in crosses and specific researches.
- Deliver the final Drosophila transformants with delivery report, including target vector design, construction and validation, delivery methods, genotyping strategies and results. The certain transformants can be mailed to you either as adult flies or as larvae. The final transformants vials are maintained in the facility for two weeks as backup.
For CRISPR microinjection, up to 300-embryos are transformed. We promise at least 100 G0 cross, 3 independent transformant lines sent to the customer and original vials are maintained in the facility for two weeks as backup.
Our CRISPR KO in Drosophila service include
- Drosophila Conditional KO Service
- Drosophila Conventional KO Service
Conditional Knock-out (KO) service for the study of Drosophila, allowing you create tissue-specific and developing time-specific gene deletion transformants.
Conventional Knock-out (KO) service is high-efficient gene or multi-genes deletions strategy.
Why CD BioSciences
Professional and experienced team helps you get organized, track every gene knock-out progress and ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and alive.
- Cost-effective - We have considerable discounts for large orders, and all services are clearly with no hidden charges.
- High efficiency and specificity - Our professional team help clients construct a CRISPR/Cas9 assembly package including specific sgRNA, efficiency Cas9 lines and donor DNA to complete efficient and specific gene knock-out.
- Fast turnaround time - There is a set of standard experimental design and implementation procedures to ensure the customer's receiving time and cycle.
- Flexible – CRISPR/Cas9 knock-out service is a customized service. We rely on our own professionalism and experience to provide the most cutting-edge and most suitable scientific services for our clients' research purposes.
CD BioSciences is an expert of Drosophila transgenic global company equipped star-of-the-art genomic engineering platforms and experienced model organism scientists. Since we established, numerous of genomic editing projects have been successfully down. Our services are not more than just gene deletion. We are trying to offer reliable and affordable solutions using Drosophila, allowing you to focus on the most critical aspects of your research project.
If you have any questions or requirements, simply contact us and enter your messages.
- Campenhout CV, et al. (2019). Guidelines for optimized gene knockout using CRISPR/Cas9. Biotechniques. 66(6):295-302.
For research use only. Not intended for any clinical use.