Drosophila CRISPR Knock-in Service
Gene knock-in (KI) is an important step in gene function analysis. But the methods of ZFN, TALEN and traditional Drosophila gene knock-in are very complicated and inefficient, which seriously affected the process of gene research. CRISPR/Cas9 uses a new model of DNA-RNA recognition for gene editing, which greatly reduces the difficulty of design and the threshold of gene knock-in.
Like other genetic transformation technology, homology-directed repair (HDR) is used to insert DNA into precise genomic locations through homologous recombination. Donor DNA (dsDNA and ssDNA) carried target DNA sequence and add homologous arms corresponding to target site performs precise insertions. Relying on non-homologous end linking (NHEJ), donor DNA without gene-specific arms can still cause mutations but less in accurate. Even though, it has wide and easy usage in gene editing strategy. For example, donor DNA can insert a disruptive indel affecting the insert translation frame, or insert concatemers.
CD BioSciences has numerous of success using CRISPR technology to edit fruit flies' genome with comprehensive sgRNA and donor DNA plasmid library. Whether you take advantage of our well-characterized flies or use your own, we have the experience and processes in place to quickly serve interest gene KI fruit flies catching up your study need. We complete common CRISPR/Cas9 Knock-in project in 2-4 months guaranteeing delivery of at least 3 independent-transformed G0 or 3 F1 (either back-crossed to balancer or not) for the knockout. Additionally, we maintain your private vials in the facility as backup service.
Workflow of CRISPR KI in Drosophila
We provide completed CRISPR/Cas9 knock-in services for you to insert interested fragments achieving the acquisition and disruption of genes. We can also knock-in large gene (>10 kb) in high efficiency.
- Your requirements are met by our well-established platforms and experienced scientists. We offer prompt strategies and solutions approaching transgenic Drosophila, allowing you to focus on the most critical aspects of your research project.
- We design up to 3 sgRNA and donor DNA per target gene using software powered by the latest scoring algorithms.
- Depending on their cutting efficiency and predicted on-target and off-target scores, we select the best sgRNA and donor DNA vector for gene knock-in by bioinformatic and cell-based analysis.
- The best CRISPR/Cas9 components delivery methods injecting into your chosen Drosophila strains.
- Once CRISPR editing is complete, we perform an array of standard quality control and validation tests on the knock-in Drosophila, and several additional services are also available depending on your needs.
- We offer suitable balancers for your necessary. Balanced system is served keeping homozygous lethal or sterile mutations from being lost from a population and they prevent multiple alleles on the same chromosome from being separated by meiotic recombination. Or carried recessive visible mutations and transgenes balancers can be quite useful and “visible” in crosses and specific researches.
- Deliver the final Drosophila transformants with delivery report, including target vector design, construction and validation, delivery methods, genotyping strategies and results. The certain transformants can be mailed to you either as adult flies or as larvae.
- Modify gene function
- Detect gene or destroy protein expression
- Visualize protein localization
- Purify endogenous proteins
- Study the role of transcriptional regulatory elements
- Building a specific human disease model
- Verify drug targets and specificities
Why CD BioSciences
Professional and experienced team helps you get organized, track every gene knock-in progress and ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and alive.
- High efficiency
- High specificity
- Fast turnaround
- Best after-sale service
CD BioSciences is an expert of Drosophila transgenic global company equipped star-of-the-art genomic engineering platforms and experienced model organism scientists. Since we established, bunches of genomic editing projects have been successfully down. Our services are not more than just CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing. We are trying to offer reliable and affordable solutions advancing the field of fruit flies, allowing you to focus on the most critical aspects of your research project.
If you have any questions or requirements, simply contact us and enter your messages. Get an instant quote and timeline for your project!
For research use only. Not intended for any clinical use.